Friday, November 14, 2025

THE PRITHVI FESTIVAL

 

The Prithvi Festival began on the 1st of this month. 


Yuki Ellias and Akarsh Khurana were two names that I recognised, from back in Xaviers, among the many Directors and Writers, whose plays were a part of the festival.

Yuki's play was about growing old, and how people slowly begin to lose their memory, as they age. I watched a promo of the play, in which Yuki mentioned how the play, brings out, the muddle in the mind of older people, especially if they are affected by 'dementia or other age related illnessness, that affect the memory'. She said, that she drew inspiration for some of it, by watching her own grandparents.

I couldn't make it for that one, even though I wanted to; but will hopefully watch it, whenever they stage the play, in the future. 

I heard some of the reviews after the play, and everyone mentioned, that it touched their heart. While it made them laugh, it also made them cry. So, this is definitely a play to watch, whenever it happens.


The Akvarious Productions play was about an environmentalist trying to be heard, in the midst of the climate crisis, which truly is a cause for panic and alarm. He happens to be unfortunately caught among people, who really don't think, climate change is that important. 


One of the reasons, why I went for this one, was because I heard, there was music in this play. Most of the performers acted and sang very well; and it was good to hear some musicians accompanying them also.




The play had quite a lot happening, right through, with the many satirical connections that the script made, to people and situations, which kept the audience thoroughly entertained. 


In my opinion though, the younger people in the audience, connected with the dialogues and the script, a lot more than the older ones; because you had to be aware of everything happening in the real and virtual world, to grasp the many references made in the play.











No comments: