Wednesday, February 25, 2015

200 YEARS - THE JOYFUL CREATIVE EDUCATOR - A ROLE-MODEL ✨️😊


200 long years ago
Was born a little boy,
Who would one day grow up
And fill the world with joy.

200 long years ago
Was born a loving smile,
That reached the hearts of wayward boys
And they forgot their troubles for a while.

200 long years ago
Was born a fabulous teacher;
He taught with loving kindness
And was not merely a preacher.

200 years and his dream lives on,
The vision he had, has now grown.
As we reach this wonderful milestone,
It’s a pleasure, to make him known.✨️❤️

It's the year 2015, and we're celebrating the Bi-centenary of the Birth of Saint John Bosco. I always think of Don Bosco as the ‘Happy and Creative Priest’, who constantly shared his joy with the young and taught them things, in very unique and innovative ways. 

The boys were attracted to him because 'he loved what they loved'. His Oratory was always filled with music, sports, activity, entertainment and excitement, along with learning. He truly loved the boys with all his heart; and he constantly expressed his love for them, in word and action.

As a teacher in a Salesian school, I hope I can aim to be, a little more like Don Bosco each day. I hope I can always be a 'Happy and Creative Teacher' like he was; and I pray, that I will always be able to let the boys know, that they are Loved, just like he did. 

St.Don Bosco, be my Guide on my journey, as I try to follow in your footsteps.🙏✍️

No comments: