I didn't teach you to disobey,
Still you choose to ignore all I have to say.
I didn't show you how to cheat,
Still you persistently go astray.
I didn't put those words onto your tongue,
Still you utter profanity day after day.
I didn't display a lack of respect for you,
Still your manners are heading towards absolute decay.
I've always tried to teach by example,
Yet my actions couldn't fulfill their aim.
I've always endeavoured to practice what I preach,
Yet your behaviour generates nothing but shame.
I've always worked towards doing my best for you,
Yet the way you've turned out, makes me feel so lame.
I've always striven hard, to show you the right way to go,
Yet thru' your antics, you seldom uphold my name.
To me it seems like you just don't care,
My deep anguish is slowly turning to despair.
I've always loved you from the depths of my heart,
It now seems to have been, a waste of time from the start.
I ache with pain from my very core,
As years go by, I dread to imagine what's in store.
Times are a-changing at such a rapid pace,
Values slowly vanishing, soon to be gone without a trace.😢✍️
11 comments:
You know miss, I have the greatest respect for anyone who can write a poem. And a poem where every line rhymes is just a treat to read. And this poem was just too good miss. Really, I don't have words to tell you how good it was. Maybe, because I have never ever read any of your poems, but this was excellent.
I guess, this poem sums up your year in the shortest way possible. However, miss please don't lose hope. This batch was just an exception, and you'll always find better batches than this one.
What goes around, comes around. So if you're putting out love in the Universe, you're gonna get love back to you! Maybe, not immediately, but you will get it back eventually!
So do not despair, as there is always hope. The night is the darkest before sunrise.
And once again, excellent poem!
And yeah, nice, bright and vibrant theme :D
Thanks a lot Shaishav! It's difficult to see the sunny side of life when all around you there are only dark and gloomy clouds.....but you know what, I try to find joy with the tiny tots in the lower classes. They truly help me to smile my blues away. I wish kids never grew up.
Really nice stuff...yeah I wish we never grew up really.....to hear that 'u've changed so much' really hurts alot!!
- Sushrut
(P.S. forgot my id and password so had to post as anonymous!)
Thanks Sushrut!I miss those days so much when all of you were in school.There was so much of love to share from both teachers and students. How things have changed!!! The rapport is just not the same as it used to be. Sometimes I wonder whether it's the times that are changing or whether it's just me that's changing.
Thanks for your comment.
I guess its both....u've held on for quite sometime...its really frustrating...The lack of response and carelessness is really annoying...a big big reason why nobody enters the teaching profession (not just at the school level but even at college level, though there pay is sufficient and workload is not a whole lot)...but to be ignored is not all that good..
U've done a fine job....ur still the best teacher around in school...I haven't been there but I can assure anybody u are the best!
- Me again
Wow, thanks for that vote of confidence Sushrut. Need to hear that a lot more these days than before.Thanks so much. Just pray that I'm blest with the gift of patience as well, coz that's the only thing that will help me cope with the changing students and the times.
more than the beauty of your poem what i see is the pain and disatisfaction.....feels sad to be a part of the batch and the cause for your fading smile....but i hope you will revive your lost spirit in a jiffy and begin the new academic year will that signature smile...
That's Johnson, I presume. Thanks for that comment. Life goes on and I guess I will too. This year was a tough one for me. I look forward to the next with anticipation, hoping that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.My sense of optimism received a severe jolt this year, but it'll be back to it's former glory soon enough, I'm sure.
-Ms. Lynette
THIS WAS VERY TOUCHING AND REMINDS ME OF MY SIBLINGS AS MY MOTHER DEMONSTRATED WHAT SHOULD BE DONE BUT INSTEAD THEY TOOK THE OTHER ROUTE. KUDOS TO YOU
Thanks Haitien! Glad to know that you could see a connection with something I wrote. Went thru' a few of your posts as well. They were thought provoking!
Post a Comment