Saturday, February 28, 2009

IF ONLY I HAD MORE MEMORIES ✨️❤️


IF ONLY I HAD MORE MEMORIES ✍️

What an absolute sweetheart you used to be!
Your amazing gray eyes left everyone spellbound,
I could safely bet and be sure to win,
Cause like you, I’m sure, there was no one around.

Your stay was short, the time was brief
You were destined to be here for a very short while;
But I’m sure that every face, that ever laid eyes on you
Must’ve lit up immediately, in a big, broad smile.

I was young in years and you were younger still
So, the memories I have, are both hazy and few;
If only I’d been older and wiser at the time,
Those images wouldn’t be as fleeting as the morning dew.

We generally don’t remember very much from our very early years,
But so often I wish my brain had a larger memory card back then;
Cause it would have given me a few more moments to savour,
Instead of just the snippets, from which these memoirs I pen.

I remember us quarrelling almost all the time
That’s something I miss most of all;
I remember how we played little make-believe games
We’d make up little skits in our hall.

I regret not having a chance to spend more time with you
I regret not being able to watch you grow;
So often, I wish you were still right here,
My greedy heart keeps asking for more.

But my desires, all came to a screeching halt,
As the wheels of that speeding jeep, came head on;
What a sight your tiny body must’ve been,
By the side of the road - so lifeless, so forlorn!😢

Would things have been different if you hadn’t crossed the street?
Would you have still been right here with me?
What if that driver had stepped on the brakes a little earlier?
What if your handsome face I could still see?🤔

Nineteen long years, I’ve been questioning
I’ve been wondering and wishing and thinking,
And in all these years, I’ve tried my very best
To keep those 'limited memories' from shrinking.

Cause they’re all I have, to remember you by
They’re all I have to 'stay in touch';
With all the progress tele-communication has made,
Direct dialing to heaven, is still a bit too much.

I love you dearest Nathan, more than you will ever know,
If only there was some way, I could tell you what I feel;
I still miss you, my dearest brother, more than words can ever say
The scars may have disappeared now, but the heart will never heal.✨️❤️

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette! I remember when this happened and I remember how sad and crushed and heart broken you were... I feel your pain but also know that you will surely meet him one day :)

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks Carmeline. 2nd of March is Nathan's death anniversary. It's been 19 long years since he passed away today. So, this is just my small way of remembering him at this time. He would have been 25 years old now and how much I wish I could have seen what he would look like now..........Of course, God's ways are not our ways and we can never fully comprehend what he has in mind for us. All we can do is accept His will in our lives and keep smiling.

CalSan said...

Hey Miss,that was really shweet.I'm really sorry about your brother,but you know,God has his own plans for all of us,special plans.We just need to try and understand his ways.Even i have loved ones who are no more but my dad told me that it's God's will and so i'm moving on.Its realy good you keep on smiling,i'm startin to understand you now....!!!

Heartfelt Words :) said...

Really sorry to konw abt it! Absloutely Speechless and moved..

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks Sneha.......but that's life. It's unpredictable and it's been planned long before we even came into existance. We've just got to learn to deal with every situation and move on.

Unknown said...

A very nice and indeed heart touching poem.
Your right, Lynette, God has his ways and they are beautiful no matter how painful and difficult it is for us accept. Its in these moments that he tests our faith and makes us strong. We have to just cling to him. And he'll never forsake us.
Its in these moments that we are drawn closer to him and become strong.

Andrea said...

You know, I never met Nathan, but can't think of you without seeing him seeming to form an invisible cloud around you!! I'm sure thats because he really is there, comforting you as much as he can..

Lynette Sequeira said...

Yeah, that's true Andrea........and he'll continue to live on with me for as long as I'm around.....that's the best part about memories, you can hold on to them forever........and especially when those memories are associated with someone you love dearly, that love is boundless, and even death cannot reduce the depth of that love in any way.

Alternate Current said...

amazing!! heart touching ... i remember you telling me the whole story...i was shocked even that time...but this piece was really heart touching and i am in love with that picture

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks Harsh!

Unknown said...

I still remember ur little brother... and indeed he had the most beautiful eyes. Im sure u miss him a lot.. but he is in a very beautiful place right now...HEAVEN.

Lynette Sequeira said...

That's true.....He's been enjoying the bliss of heaven for 20 long years and I'm sure he's happy. Nice to know you still remember him Sarita.

Unknown said...

Very touching words Lynette. I still remember Nathan as in your picture above, so clearly.. and his lovely eyes... I'm sure he is in a far better place and watching over you. God bless dear. He will be thought of specially tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Miss..... Ummm, Frankly speaking I don't read much ... But out of whatever little I have read. I found this one the best! From now on would have a different perception towards life(a positive one). Just like your 'MILLION DOLLAR SMILE'

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks Ella! Yes, he did have the best eyes in the world and would have grown up to be really handsome.

Lynette Sequeira said...

Yes Sahil, death is merely a milestone in our lives. For some it comes early; for others, it happens later in life. There's absolutely nothing we can do to stop it. The best way to live life, is to stay positive and to keep smiling always.........Of course, we miss the ones who leave us in life; but life goes on and that's the way I choose to live. I know God loves me and that gives me strength to smile my blues away.I'm glad my experience inspired you to smile and be positive too.