What a day! I don’t think I could have gone to sleep today, without putting into words what this day has been like for me. Actually, not just this day, but this entire week has been quite something. Awesome! Splendid! Remarkable! Amazing! I could list out a whole bunch of adjectives; and it still would be insufficient, to really express how wonderful this week has been.π
Teacher’s Day comes our way every single year, and for me, this day has always been special. This is my 5th year as a teacher; and every year Teacher’s Day has been a day I look forward to, with a lot of anticipation.
This year, our Teacher’s Day Celebrations were spread out over an entire week. With events ranging from Antakshari, to a Quiz and even a back-breaking marathon Treasure Hunt, which has definitely contributed to some much needed weight-loss and also a terrible back-ache; the week finally culminated in a fantastic programme this morning. All in all, this week has been quite a roller-coaster ride.π
It was a week in which our X Std. boys put themselves in our shoes for a short while everyday, and managed the school with a lot of confidence and enthusiasm. The panache and fervour with which they stepped into the roles assigned to them, was noteworthy.
It was a week in which our X Std. boys put themselves in our shoes for a short while everyday, and managed the school with a lot of confidence and enthusiasm. The panache and fervour with which they stepped into the roles assigned to them, was noteworthy.
It was a week in which, the latent talents of our boys came to the fore, in a plethora of ways. Their creativity and innovation resulted in quite an incredible combination of fun, entertainment and some unforgettable moments.
Whether it was picking up the little things we teachers do and say, and then imitating them, or poking fun at the teachers in a rather hilarious way. Whether it was simply dancing their heart away to entertain us, or putting us on the spot, with a short round of extempore speeches; the day was completely power-packed.
Of course, for me, the icing on the cake was the manifold nominations in the 'Top Three' for the Students Choice awards for the year, and actually winning one of those awards as well. Not only did it give me a fair idea of what my boys think of me as a teacher, it also made me feel so great about the fact, that I chose to be a Teacher.
Of course, for me, the icing on the cake was the manifold nominations in the 'Top Three' for the Students Choice awards for the year, and actually winning one of those awards as well. Not only did it give me a fair idea of what my boys think of me as a teacher, it also made me feel so great about the fact, that I chose to be a Teacher.
The recognition on the part of the boys, made all my efforts and hard-work, all the stress and strain, seem worthwhile. Winning the award for being the teacher with the 'Best Smile', once again reinforced my belief, that one needs to be able to find joy in the little things in life. It made me realize once more, what a wonderful gift God has blest me with - The ability to be able to ‘SMILE’ and be happy in every situation in life.✨️
My boys expressed their gratitude in so many ways over this past week. Every performance, whether it was in my classroom by my little chintus of Class 6, or by the older boys on the school stage. Whether it was through the innumerable flowers, bouquets, gifts and extremely special cards that I received. Whether it was the sms’s, phone calls, emails and scraps, or the visits from ex-students I’ve taught in the past 5 years, who took the trouble to think of their school teacher on this day - Everything the boys did, was their small way of saying Thank You.❤️
I realized that before this day draws to a close, I also need to say a word of Thanks to the Heavenly Father above, for blessing me with all the talents and gifts that I would need, to help me be a good teacher. I need to thank Him for always being with me and guiding me on my journey through this vocation, that I have chosen.
My boys expressed their gratitude in so many ways over this past week. Every performance, whether it was in my classroom by my little chintus of Class 6, or by the older boys on the school stage. Whether it was through the innumerable flowers, bouquets, gifts and extremely special cards that I received. Whether it was the sms’s, phone calls, emails and scraps, or the visits from ex-students I’ve taught in the past 5 years, who took the trouble to think of their school teacher on this day - Everything the boys did, was their small way of saying Thank You.❤️
I realized that before this day draws to a close, I also need to say a word of Thanks to the Heavenly Father above, for blessing me with all the talents and gifts that I would need, to help me be a good teacher. I need to thank Him for always being with me and guiding me on my journey through this vocation, that I have chosen.
However, most importantly, I need to thank Him for the gift of every single student of mine, who has contributed in their own small way towards making me the teacher I am today. I can only pray that God may bless them abundantly, no matter how near or far they are from me today, because it is only because of them, that I am what I am today. I am a teacher and I’m so glad I am.π
2 comments:
wow u cud not have described the day in a more charismatic way !!!! more than full marks !!!!. KEEP WRITING........................
Thanks Vinit......always feels good to be appreciated......I meant every word I've written here. This Teacher's Day was really Special......Thanks to all of you. Will always remember this one.
Post a Comment