Tuesday, May 08, 2007

UNFORGETTABLE PEOPLE!!! CHERISHED MEMORIES!!! ✨️❤️



I just got back from Goa a couple of days ago. Spent some days there with a few colleagues from school, a few of their family members and my Principal. A nice lively group of 14 adults and 3 kiddies. We had an amazing time and just didn’t want the trip to end. Even after coming back to Bombay, I find my mind drifting back to the enjoyable moments we spent together.😊

Goa is my hometown. Although I was born in Amchi Mumbai and brought up here, there is some kind of connection with that land of the sun and sand. (Unfortunately, I’m not very fluent in Konkani; and my friends thought I wasn’t fit to call myself a Goan because of that.) 

Anyway, I’ve been going to Goa ever since I was a child. Spent my long summer holidays there, with my grandparents. My holidays in Goa are among some of my most cherished childhood memories. I loved my Grandfather a lot; and the two of us shared a very special bond. So, going back to Goa brings back all those precious memories, of the times I spent with him. I have an emotional attachment, to the place where we lived in Goa, especially because it reminds me of my dear ‘Papa’. The house we lived in, sadly doesn’t belong to us anymore; but going back to that little village called Corjuem in Goa, even for those few minutes, reminded me of the fun times I had spent there as a child. It brought my Papa back to life for me, right before my eyes.✨️💕

Leaving Goa had always been hard for me. I remember that I always had tears in my eyes, on the bus-ride back to Bombay, just as we were moving out of Goa, every single time. It’s been many years now since my Papa passed away. Despite that, I somehow couldn’t stop my tears when the bus was leaving Mapusa, a couple of days ago. They just came out of nowhere, and streamed down my face in a hurry.

I guess some people, some memories and some moments, are just impossible to forget and wipe away, from our minds and hearts. I miss you Papa. I think I always will.✨️❤️

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynette,

I enjoyed both your posts, this one and friends forever. As you know my now, I am addicted to your blog.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays. You do work hard through the year and deserve a break.

Cheerios
ditoza

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks Ditoza! Now that I'm on holidays, you'll find me updating my blog more often than right thru' the year.

Lots of free time to write now. YIPPEE!!!