Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I TOUCH THE FUTURE...I TEACH ✍️


I met an old school friend a few days ago,
It had been ten years since we’d parted ways,
And the moment we met, we began looking back
We reminisced about our delightful school days.

We talked endlessly about so many things,
After all, we hadn’t spoken in ten years.
We remembered little incidents from long ago -
The happy and sad moments, the smiles and the tears.

Then she asked me a question quite out of the blue,
A question that for a moment made me stop and think;
Why did you choose to be a 'Teacher' over everything else?
Teachers don’t get paid very well, she said with a wink.

It didn’t take me long to answer her
Cause I’ve been asked this question before,
This job makes me 'Happy', I said with a Smile
I don’t really need much more.

From the time I was a student myself,
One thing I always knew in my heart,
That I would surely be a teacher one day
I knew from the very start.

What I didn’t know then, was only this-
Before I could decide, what in Life I would do,
The decision had already been made for me,
I had been chosen to be a 'Teacher', before I even had a clue.

God had picked me, for this purpose alone,
The depths of every child’s heart to reach,
I’m Grateful that I have been given this chance to say
I Touch the Future…………..I Teach.✨️✍️

1 comment:

Lynette Sequeira said...

Thanks but who is this????