I’m no Shakespeare and I think it’ll be many, many years before I can refer to myself as an 'Author'. However, I do hope that someday people will call me a ‘Writer, whose Words touched their Hearts’.❤️
Apart from wanting to be a 'Teacher' my whole life, the other thing I’ve always wanted to be, is a 'Writer'. I’ve always wanted to fill up pages with Words. When computers still hadn’t made an appearance, I scribbled away on bits of paper all the time; and from the time I lay my hands on a keyboard, the monitor in front of me, just filled itself up with 'Words'.✍️
Words have been my 'Constant Companions', over the years. They’ve been there, in moments when I was sad, during and after a dreadful family tragedy, at a very young age. Growing up, I found solace in words, whenever I was lonely and felt that I had no one to talk to. I could always put down in 'Words', every feeling that I ever wanted to express. When I was happy, it was these 'Words', that shared my joys. They laughed and smiled with me, at times when everything around me seemed beautiful.😊
It has been 'Words' that have kept me connected to old friends and loved ones. It’s thru’ these very 'Words' that I tell my dear ones, how much I love and miss them. They just flow out of me, at any time that they feel like, and they convey my every thought, feeling and emotion, to those who’ve been waiting to hear from me.
They sometimes come out in verse and tug at the heart strings, of all who cast their eyes on them. At other times, they write themselves into a narration, of experiences that I’ve been through, and the wonderful times I’ve had. Occasionally, they also turn themselves into a post on a blog, where they paint 'word pictures' of people, experiences and things, that matter to me and that are special to me.😊
'Writing' has always been something I’ve loved doing, above a lot of other things; and to have people read my work, no matter how insignificant or small, has always made me happy. To realize that people are able to draw connections and parallels to their own lives, through my 'Words'. To discover that reading my short posts, makes people take a walk back into their own happy childhood memories, fills me with so much joy.
I love the company of 'Words', and I hope they love every moment they spend with me as well, because we definitely seem to get along really well.✨️✍️
Words have been my 'Constant Companions', over the years. They’ve been there, in moments when I was sad, during and after a dreadful family tragedy, at a very young age. Growing up, I found solace in words, whenever I was lonely and felt that I had no one to talk to. I could always put down in 'Words', every feeling that I ever wanted to express. When I was happy, it was these 'Words', that shared my joys. They laughed and smiled with me, at times when everything around me seemed beautiful.😊
It has been 'Words' that have kept me connected to old friends and loved ones. It’s thru’ these very 'Words' that I tell my dear ones, how much I love and miss them. They just flow out of me, at any time that they feel like, and they convey my every thought, feeling and emotion, to those who’ve been waiting to hear from me.
They sometimes come out in verse and tug at the heart strings, of all who cast their eyes on them. At other times, they write themselves into a narration, of experiences that I’ve been through, and the wonderful times I’ve had. Occasionally, they also turn themselves into a post on a blog, where they paint 'word pictures' of people, experiences and things, that matter to me and that are special to me.😊
'Writing' has always been something I’ve loved doing, above a lot of other things; and to have people read my work, no matter how insignificant or small, has always made me happy. To realize that people are able to draw connections and parallels to their own lives, through my 'Words'. To discover that reading my short posts, makes people take a walk back into their own happy childhood memories, fills me with so much joy.
I love the company of 'Words', and I hope they love every moment they spend with me as well, because we definitely seem to get along really well.✨️✍️
24 comments:
"I could always put down in words every feeling that I ever wanted to express."
I envy you.
As easy as it is to put down everything I feel in words, it is equally difficult for me to convey those same feelings when I'm talking to someone......and I envy a lot of people who can do that with so much of ease.
Carry a book and pencil around :)
Hehe.......Yeah, maybe I should......Would make communication a breeze......Too bad it would be simpler only for me......The person at the other end would definitely wonder what I'm upto.
S'okay. If they don't stick around long enough to get used to you, they're not worth it :P
So,what have you been doing after you stepped out of that wonderful place called St. Xavier's College general disarray?......And how long ago did you finish college?
I can't tell you too much, someone who knows me might find me here! :P
What I can tell you is, I didn't finish college (KTs...) not too long ago, and I've been playing in a couple of bands since, and am a freelance writer - I'm waiting for a full-time position at a particular magazine, should begin shortly. Till then, I'm freelancing for them as well.
How do you spend your free time, besides writing to your friends and updating your blog?
A musician and a writer......A great combination.......Which musical instrument do you play? And what kind of stuff do you write?
I'm a teacher, so when I'm not online, I'm either at school or preparing for the next day at school (lesson plans, chart work, reading up, etc, etc)
Apart from that, I love watching TV....and just lazying around doing nothing.
I play the guitar for the most part, but I also dabble in bass, drums and I used to be a keyboardist :)
I write instrument reviews for an online music magazine, www.emusicpost.com, occaisionally for an automobile magazine - did a spot of editing for them for a while, a newspaper supplement - and that's the job I'm hoping to get full-time. I used to maintain a blog a long time ago, but I quit updating it equally long ago...
I tried content-writing as well, but that's mind-numbing; what they need is an intelligent word processor.
You've the time to laze around and do nothing? Lol! Doesn't your school follow that new million-exams-a-year format? Or is that only for the primary kids? It's sad, what they're doing to kids today - they've no time to play! Then there's those irritating, mind-numbing anime cartoons that they get hooked on to... Sheesh! Do many kids still find the time to read fiction in the ninth and tenth grades nowadays?
I've always wanted to write as well.....If I hadn't been a teacher. I would have definitely been doing something connected to writing........Haven't given up on that completely just yet, becoz I know that free-lancing is an option even while one is doing something else......For the moment though, my writing is restricted to this blog and to writing for and editing my school mag.
And yes, I do get some time to laze around despite the million and one exams that we have these days. I agree with you completely....The present education system leaves the children with absolutely no time to play and that's really sad. There are very few kids these days who actually read anything other than their text-books, becoz they rarely have any free time on their hands.....And when they do manage to squeeze in some time for themselves, there are so many other things competing for their attention. So, reading isn't very high up on their to-do list.
Do you have any examples of articles you've written? What kind are they? Humorous? Serious?
If you're thinking of freelancing, well, you've to find a magazine that is likely to publish your articles. That's the biggest step.
Humour is not really something I'm good at....At least not when I'm writing.......I think the stuff I write is more the softer kind....the type that touches the heart when you read it....'Chicken Soup for the Soul' kind of stuff.....I don't know if there are magazines that print those kind of things.My writing is mostly based on things I experience in life, not a lot of fiction.
There is no real fiction; all that you read is real - only the names and places are changed. As a writer, you know that.
May I have a sample of your writing? Maybe I can think up some magazine that'll be interested in your work. I'll put my email ID below, after you see it, please delete the comment. Thank you.
This entire blog is a sample of my kind of writing.....What I write for school is mostly pertaining to my students and things that happen in school......That's why i said, I don't know if there are magazines that print my kind of stuff.
looks like you and general disarray have a little thing going missy!
@nix: *shocked look*
Heh heh.
Know Murphy's law? The one that says, you meet a million different REALLY interesting women just when you can't ask them out?
:P
Ah, got distracted by Nix.
Your articles would work if you were a regular columnist in a magazine. Not if you're just starting out. You'll have to try to make them a little less personal, but don't lose the feeling you've got.
Know what I mean?
Me thinks thou protest too much....
Who, me? If yes, why?
Hey Nicola!.....Do not read too much into a casual conversation between two people......
No one else seemed to be coming to my blog. The fact that at least one person was, was a real comfort and so I didn't want to lose that one visitor.If I ended up making a friend in the process, that would only be a bonus.
Would have responded earlier but have been offline for about 2-3 weeks.
Never mind Nix, she's having some fun - help her along! :)
You haven't responded to my suggestion.
Nicola's an old college pal.....So, she's allowed to pull my legs sometimes.......I know she was just kidding...........She had better be 'Just Kidding'.
About your suggestion, I guess my style of writing would find a place in magazines like the Reader's digest.....Only problem is, I don't know if they print articles from any random people who send in their writing......I guess I'll have to send something to them and see if they respond.
Post a Comment