In answer to a special request of an old college friend, I’ve decided to write about some amazingly cute guys I used to know in college. Most of them were short and small in stature but were exceptionally talented when it came to music.
They were absolute wit personified and they had humour flowing thru’ their veins instead of blood. They knew just when to say the right words that would send everyone in the canteen foyer at Xaviers into splits of laughter. Every time they opened their mouths to speak, it would bring a smile to every face around them.😊
I’ve spent hours listening to this merry gang singing away harmoniously. From a strictly all-boy click in the JC, this little singing group graduated to co-existing with members of the fairer sex, in the Degree college. This great turn of events happened, when they realized that they were fast running out of good talent, and as always, they had to turn to the girls in the college, for assistance.😂
I’ve spent hours listening to this merry gang singing away harmoniously. From a strictly all-boy click in the JC, this little singing group graduated to co-existing with members of the fairer sex, in the Degree college. This great turn of events happened, when they realized that they were fast running out of good talent, and as always, they had to turn to the girls in the college, for assistance.😂
Of course, another reason for this major change, (and the reason that these guys are more likely to agree with), was that they couldn’t bear the pestering any longer. The girls had been bugging them for ages, to form a singing group that would consist of both guys and girls; and so these fellows, since there were so nice and cute, finally gave in.😄
It’s been a while now since we all stepped out of the canteen foyer, the Woods, the college hall, the arches, the old staircases, the hostel steps and every other ‘kopcha’ in college where you would often find these gifted guys practicing away. Thinking about it, makes me very nostalgic.
It’s been a while now since we all stepped out of the canteen foyer, the Woods, the college hall, the arches, the old staircases, the hostel steps and every other ‘kopcha’ in college where you would often find these gifted guys practicing away. Thinking about it, makes me very nostalgic.
I don’t know how Xaviers is faring these days in the singing department, when it comes to inter-college events; but I remember that when my awesome friends were around, they did not let a single Inter-Collegiate Trophy for Singing, slip away. They were so amazing, that every Judge who ever saw them performing, was completely fascinated with their talent; and being as cute and lively as they were, most often, they had the entire audience in every auditorium, eating right out of their hands.✨️🎶
When I think of my days in Xaviers, I have many 'Happy Memories' to choose from; but I guess one thing I’ll always be thankful for, will be the fact, that I met these guys in college. They filled my days with sunshine, their harmonious singing often left me spellbound, their witty remarks and crazy antics, are simply unforgettable.😊
When I think of my days in Xaviers, I have many 'Happy Memories' to choose from; but I guess one thing I’ll always be thankful for, will be the fact, that I met these guys in college. They filled my days with sunshine, their harmonious singing often left me spellbound, their witty remarks and crazy antics, are simply unforgettable.😊
Guys, I know most of you have gone your separate ways now. While some of you, are still in Bombay, there are a few of you, who have moved to different parts of the world. Wherever you are though, please continue Singing, because all of you have a Talent and a Gift, that is simply amazing. So, although the group you sing with may change, just Keep Singing.🎤🎶
17 comments:
a friend(guy) and i(guy) used to sing often in the foyer and the woods. Many ppl liked listening to us (generally women) and we did endeavour to get some of them(women) to sing but it dint happen and it ended like that. Probably due to the lack of talent. There wasn't any pestering that you talk about... how we'd love that.
Don't remember having a friend named OSCAR in Xaviers.....Who art thou???.....Do I know you???
Oscar????
Lyn, we didnt know any Oscar in our batch for sure..nor among the famous "cute lill singing boys"....
Yeah!!! just reading your post made me have flash backs in my head...not just of them singing...Gerry chomping on that veg/chicken burger..he ate it soo much that im sure that guy could have named it "Gerry Chicken/veg Burger"....Rahul and those oily samosas, whined abt those pimples...and yet ate them....Trevor...bald head with those huge oval shades...almost resembling the aliens.....heheh.. vivek in the woods...neumen....ooh neumen....always smiling with those headphones on his neck almost like a collar to his Tee's...Lee(elvis).....but through it all i just saw Marcelle....with her standard walkman....her big bag, prancing, dancing, singing....well you could know she's in the foyer..without actually seeing her......Gosh werent those days the best.......i still remembering practising for the St. Andrew Comp, was it???...and where we won second / third place...,.yeah we sang too (Avril,Grenada,Rachel,Marcelle, You and me."So in Love") ....and we heard the boys practising and were sooo nervous to go perform after that, remember lyn???.......and then the rock-n-roll medley...Fr. Terry's Choir.....i can go on and on...still having technic colour flash backs...almost like a movie....and am SMILING...thanks lyn...i couldnt stop talking abt it at home...Tejas is so fed up with me and stories/personalites from "XAVIERS" ciao...Rosh
No No.... i don't know you too. I'm talking about a different era and im definately not a cute guy.
Stumbled upon your blog and came upon a similar phenomenon.
Smileawhile and Roshini,
Of course you don't know Oscar.. thats because Oscar and his friend belong to a more recent batch (so do I).
Oscar, maybe we didn't 'pester' you to sing, but we sure appreciated it! And Serena even recorded you guys on tape!
hey thanks sup n also for sorta comin to my rescue.
my frnd and I appreciate your support. I'm supposed to be goin in july to china to participate in the choir olympics so busy preparing for that.
Oscar ~ I am EXTREMELY proud of you!
Like I said, you'll be famous one day... lol!
Smileawhile ~ Its true, Xaviers is always overflowing withtalent!
sup-what, just Oscar? bah! ;)
-signed a friend.
i have no idea how i ended up on this blog but i notice the same ppl commenting everywhere! Fcukin xavierites...
Woah does this bring back memories. smileawhile, who are you? i know Roshini but ... oh by the way Hi roshini. long time. what you up to? where are you?
anonymous was me. got so carried away with the word verification that i forgot to put my name in.
Hey People!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerry..."Congratulations"..do give my best to Lylah...... Am doing good, and have been in Dubai, for almost 5 yrs now (been married for 3)...i visited the "Maladjusted" site trying to get my hands on the recordings of conchorde, couldnt get it, although i must say its the best site/blog, ive seen..very creative and spells you guys to the T......and yeah i agree each believer must read the book(Da Vinci's Code) and watch the movie (releases on May 31 in UAE)...please post those pictures of us singing (the merger..heheh, how we begged for it)...would help convince my hubbby that i do have talent too (he thinks i do best being a "bathroom singer":(:(:( so a lill help please).....and do post ur wedding pix too...
Neuman, smileawhile aka Lynette Sequiera...BTW i met your sister Charmaine twice...(once when we went camping together and at our friend's baby shower)..we share the same circle of friends...i know she got married in 2004...havent met her in a while now.....is she still in dubai???
How is Andrea and her baby doing....??
Lyn...please post something soon......
Rinaldo......tsk tsk tsk shame on u...
roshini sorry :'(
neuman, wassup! long time man! (i'm presuming ur the same 'singing' neuman aka former mr. malhar :P)
NEUMAN.......HEY!!!!....So, nice to see your comment on my blog......Who else would be raving about you guys almost 5-6 years after we're out of college, but me???.....You should've guessed.
Yeah Rinaldo.....That's the one...Neuman Pinto, whom we used to lovingly refer to as 'NOISE' in college.....When he sang, it was music to ones ears.....but when he spoke, which was , ALL THE TIME, it was just noise.....and lots of it......but we enjoyed every bit of it. So, I'm not complaining.....Miss him and his jabbering tremendously now.
i guess we could all 'chat' on the xavier's blog. We'll stick to the "Swinging 90's" post.
Looks like you're not the only one doing the blog-hopping Gerry.....Seems like the whole bunch of us has been doing the same thing over the past few days......It's nice though, to log in and see that someone has left a message for you and to actually look for the messages on all the sites.....Gives us something to look forward to when we come online.
And since most of us are not always online at the same time, this is a good option.
Of course, if there was one common message board instead of two or three, it might have been good too.....But though this is a little tedious, I don't really mind this form of communication as well.
loved your blog..... keep writing!
-A fellow xavierite...
Post a Comment